There are more than 3.2 billion users with smartphones around the world. and that is how the reach of mobile apps increased so much for every purpose. The usage of mobile apps is growing steadily and smoothly with the current pandemic situation. The scenario has compelled many businesses to re-think their business models and start their own mobile app development.
A study explains that the average American checks their phone every 12 minutes and 10% of the people check their phones once every four minutes. In this blog, we would be able to analyze some of the amazing facts related to the future of the mobile app, its usage, performance, and more.
Future of Mobile Development In 2022
As per a Statista report, users download about
(1) 7.9 million from the App Store and 28 billion apps from Google Play Store. In addition to this, by the end of 2022,
(2) US consumers will spend around $34 billion and even more on apps via the app stores. Recorded in 2021,
(3) there are about 7.1 billion users, who installed various kinds of apps on their devices. Every smartphone user has installed around 35 or more apps on their devices. Out of which many get uninstalled because of some issues like performance.
Apart from everything, nothing has stopped the growth of the mobile app development industry.
(4) The global app revenue of around $581 billion in 2020 is expected to reach up to $808 billion in 2022.
Noticing the hike in these numbers, there are more and more startups and enterprises emerging to develop a mobile app for their business. Besides, such increased competition in the mobile app development industry, nothing seems to stop them. To support this, a dedicated software development team is a must.
(5) The mobile ad grew to $240 billion in 2020 and was set to increase to $290 billion in 2021, and it surprisingly did.
(6) New voice assistants would be used in about 92.3 percent of smartphones by 2023.
(7) It is expected that the number of people watching videos on their mobile phones will reach 2.72 billion by 2023, up from 2.16 billion in 2019.
(8) An average mobile streamer in the UK, the US, and South Korea downloaded 85%, 60%, and 80% more video streaming apps in 2021.
(9) And about 135.6 million US users in 2022 will be using voice assistants like chatbots computing solutions.
(10) The global mobile workforce is expected to grow by 1.87 billion workers (over 42 percent of the global workforce) by 2022.
So, viewing these numbers, it is obvious that an android app development including standard features will not make your app stand uniquely.
So, to make your app stay ahead of your other competitors, you have to start adopting the latest technologies and trends. Before that, you will have to find such ideas and numbers that will help your app grow and stand out. This will result in successful and effective app development for sure.
There are a number of benefits of enterprise mobile application development that you will find in the blog.
50 Stats For Mobile App Success And Growth
Covering Statistics is not an easy task, there are categories that support any app’s growth and development. Starting with the numbers relating to mobile usage, the stats stand at:
(11) There will be about 8 billion mobile users in 2023 around the world with the help of IT consultation services.
(12) There were around 218 billion annual mobile app downloads in 2020. This accounts for a 7 increase in the yearly numbers.
(13) An expenditure of $143 billion was made on the app store which is 20 percent over the yearly expense.
(14) The average daily time spent on a mobile device was 4 hours 10 minutes in 2020, viewing an increase of 20 percent year-over-year.
(15) People spend 92 percent of their time on mobile using apps. Out of which, 44 percent is taken up by social networking and communication apps.
(16) Web browser takes up only eight percent of the time users spent on mobile.
(17) Eight percent more time is spent by Americans on mobile than watching live TV each day.
(18) only one use 25 percent of users abandon a product developed by any enterprise software development.
(19) Gen X (ages 41-75), Millennials (ages 25-40), and Generation Z (ages 6-24) spend 30 percent, 18 percent, and 16 percent more time respectively year-over-year, in their most-used apps.
(20) Peaking in the number of 2020, 40 percent more hours streamed on mobile.
After the usage, there are Statistics Related to Mobile Usage
(21) The uninstall of apps is about 71 percent due to crashes.
(22) iOS app development company device users report 67 percent of bugs.
(23) About 44 percent of users find in-app defects leading to disappointment and slow functioning.
(24) More time for testing is needed for about 47 percent of apps.
(25) The inconsistent interface leaves about 58 percent of users frustrated by their apps, no matter how hard your website development company tries to make the app smart.
(26) Overall app performance leaves 52 percent of users frustrated.
(27) If users don’t find an app valuable or fun, 29 percent of users will immediately uninstall it.
(28) If an app takes too long to load, 70 percent of users abandon that app.
(29) If users have to wait longer than 3 seconds for an app to load, it will leave 43 percent of the users unhappy.
(30) A poor mobile experience negatively impacts 65 percent of users’ opinion of the brand.
Stats Related To Mobile Performance
(31) A new idea, product, or company was discovered by 51 percent of users while conducting a search on their smartphones.
(32) An offline purchase accounts for 78% of location-based mobile searches.
(33) Mobile app platform to market to their prospects that are currently used by only 54 percent of marketers.
(34) Hitting $240 billion in 2020, mobile ad spend touched 26 percent growth every next year.
(35) A growth of 95 percent year-over-year could be seen in mobile ad placements in the United States due to some amazing product engineering services.
Stats Related To Mobile Marketing
(36) A powerful method of retention, the multi-channel engagement strategy has been rated 62 percent higher than the other apps that only engage users with one channel.
(37) With a sum of 46 percent description updates, it became one of the most popular forms of app store optimization (ASO).
(38) App icon updates were the second most frequent form of ASO standing at 30 percent, up 24 percent every year.
(39) In 2020, a growth of 25 percent could be seen every year in the global spending across iOS and Google Play Stores hitting $112 billion.
(40) Android app development company owns a 71.93% market share coming up in the leading mobile operating system worldwide in 2021.
Mobile App Statistics By Vertical
Banking And FinTech
(41) Banking and FinTech app downloads hit a record 5.9 billion downloads in 2021.
(42) In 2021 sessions in Food and Drink apps reached a record 62 billion. That’s 49 percent more sessions year-over-year.
(43) The second half of 2021 showed positive trends for travel on mobile. H2 2021 downloads hit 1.95 billion worldwide, nearing pre-pandemic levels of 2.08 billion in H2 2019.
(44) In July 2021, travel apps reached 40 million downloads in the US, the highest since August 2019.
Health And Fitness
(45) Walking and fitness apps are most popular among older groups, while meditation apps are more likely used among Gen Z.
(46) Meditation apps are becoming a fast-growing subcategory within Health and Fitness apps with the top five downloaded apps seeing 25 percent growth year over year.
(47) Time in shopping apps reached over 100 billion hours globally. That is an increase of 18 percent year-over-year.
(48) Combined, social commerce (Instagram, Pinterest) and live shopping are poised to be a $2 trillion market by 2024.
(49) Globally time spent in sports apps rebounded 30 percent from 2020 back to 2019’s pre-pandemic levels.
(50) In 2021, time spent in the top 25 live streaming apps outpaced the social market overall year over year by a factor of 9 — YoY growth of 40% compared to all social apps at 5%.
After going through all the numbers of mobile growth, it is seen that mobile app prototyping is more complicated than it seems. To grow an app or business in it, it takes a big team and dedicated resources for the best results.
There is an increase in every sector, and only more increasing from year to year. This led to a world with mobile usage that nothing can beat, those stats make a big difference and that has been mentioned above in the blog. For more information, you can visit A3logics.