Businesses everywhere are always striving for growth. In general, business success includes customer satisfaction and retention, sales, profits, organizational value, and even staff retention.
Nevertheless, there are numerous barriers to growth and a business soaring in this era. Because business markets are saturated, increasingly digital-only or digitized, and this is an inflation period, innovation is vital. Specifically, innovation can happen using better, smarter, and more growth-centric software tools.
In particular, one software tool that can help with this is Salesforce. In fact this is the world’s number one enterprise software and a heritage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. Basically its design, scope of modules, and how it is suitable for businesses of all sizes, makes it essential. Conversely for businesses to make the most of this software, they need technical guidance. At this point, Salesforce development experts working for a leading agency provide consultation, input, design, deployment, integration, and maintenance.
Unlike other business software, Salesforce is a cut above. For instance, its features offer extensive potential for businesses to improve customer service, sales, data management, marketing, and productivity. Nevertheless, these features are only as effective as the quality of implementation. Likewise the knowledge, experience, expertise, and qualifications of a development agency with software developer teams properly integrates and utilizes Salesforce.
In this A3logics article, we’ll unpack the numerable ways that a Salesforce development agency helps businesses soar through:
- The common issues plaguing businesses that Salesforce software targets and resolves
- Why development agency services are a sound investment for businesses
- Steps for working with a Salesforce development agency to affordably pursue profitable outcomes
- How a development agency will target key sticking points for businesses
- Preparing to integrate a Salesforce platform for stakeholders including staff and customers
Overall this article explains the way input and guidance of experts equips businesses to improve processes and even expand operations.
A 101 on Salesforce ahead of working with a development agency
To begin with we’ll provide a Salesforce platform overview. In brief, TechTarget writer Kinza Yasar says that it’s a specialist platform that’s widely in use. Accordingly, “Salesforce, Inc. is a cloud computing and social enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider based in San Francisco.
In summary, Salesforce standout features and operational modules are:
- Cloud platform
- Customizable components and customizable user experience (UX) and user interface (UI)
- Rapidly deployable through basic components and integratable
- Integration can happen with other software including Google G Suite, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Office 365
- Accessible functionalities for individual needs and remote users
- User-friendly, all-in-one components
- End-to-end development with no-code and low-code options
- Powerful and reliable operations
- Easy maintenance
- Data management, reporting, and analysis
- Highly secure infrastructure
- Extensive enterprise module clouds including: Salesforce Mobile (for mobile and tablet), Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Salesforce Admin, and Salesforce Service Cloud
- Usability across industries including: Healthcare, Insurance, Logistics, Human Resources, E-commerce, and Finance
- Performance capabilities including improved workflow, productivity, efficiency, and communications
- Data audit trail
All in all, Salesforce is an extensive enterprise software tool that businesses can use according to their needs. Prior to beginning with a development agency, they can evaluate their strategy, their budget, and preparedness to scale over time. Undoubtedly one of the major pros of Salesforce is that it can be continually updated and adjusted as per needs. Though expert developer input in this is an investment it ensures that platform components are consistent with business needs. Equally this is part of businesses working to a 21st standard of digital strategic planning.
Working with a Salesforce development agency to target and resolve common business issues
Now that we have a Salesforce 101, let’s look at the common reasons businesses turn to software solutions. On account of that we’ll then explain how a Salesforce development agency can provides businesses with the technical solutions. On the whole, the problems plaguing businesses around the world are fairly similar. Although there may be similarities, especially in certain industries and regions, high-level problems still require a custom, strategized solution.
The common issues businesses face in 2023:
- Communication— An obvious issue that can impact everyone. Whether it’s internal discord or poor customer communication, this consistently costs money.
- Missing customization opportunities — Customers prefer and even expect customization options. While not all businesses can offer this, it can actually be a leading decision-making factor for customers.
- Not using an omni-channel approach — Finding customers where they are and offering a range of service options let’s businesses down. When there are a range of ways to connect and funnel sales, it’s a measurable gain.
- Lost sales — Economic downturn aside, failure to close with customers or respond in time costs businesses now and later.
- Internal silos — Teams not working together across departments leads to a disjointed business operation. Consequently this affects customers and frustrates employees.
- Brand damage that spills out of the individual customer experience— A digitized world means channels for business damage are multiplying. Overall, if a customer is disappointed they can quickly vent online and sales or engagements dry up.
- Data management— Cyber threats are increasing while data protection and privacy laws evolve in response to this and technological development. Most compelling evidence shows that data management is part of operating a lasting, trustworthy business. Furthermore, better data management also drives better data insights.
- Cybersecurity threats — Following on from data management are the extent and volume of data attacks, data breaches, and poor digital hygiene. In this situation, systems need to be able to withstand attacks and many businesses have unreliable software and IT infrastructure.
- Inefficient teams and employee disengagement— These two issues go hand in hand as collective and individual internal stakeholders lead to business impact. Above all, this is complex to sustainably and measurably resolve especially if there are remote and hybrid teams.
How a development agency development agency could integrate Salesforce to help target and resolve these
From here, let’s look at the role of a Salesforce development agency. On the one hand, a Salesforce development agency can help solely with consultation to evaluate if the platform suits businesses. On the other hand, a development agency can deliver an end-to-end Salesforce service for development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Consultation — Firstly, this is a fundamentally valuable way for businesses to reflect on their needs as experts give their input. Altogether this offers a way to address if problems are resolvable through technology while using developers’ experience and qualifications insights.
- Analysis and evaluation — Secondly, this phase comprehensively deep-dives on the market, the business, budget, and technical capabilities. Following this, a custom Salesforce ideation is possible.
- Tailormade solutions — Thirdly, this phase of devising a custom Salesforce solution that the development agency tailors to the business commences. In detail, this incorporates business needs, module ideation, and beginning customizing the platform.
- Extensive development process — Fourthly, development commences with applying ideation to engineering, testing, revisions, and preparing for deployment.
- Integration — Lastly, deployment and integration occurs across the whole business including integrating existing third-party software. At the same time, developers maintain the platform, resolve issues, and offer scaling opportunities.
Owing to this, an additional benefit of Salesforce is how the platform’s features can actually help overcome different issues. Concurrently this means that an issue like internal communication and poor customer service are resolvable through streamlining systems for collaboration. In time this leads to: simpler service processes and ongoing active as well as passive communication across all departments.
How investing in a Salesforce development agency provides expert services
By and large, expert services of a Salesforce development agency are a worthwhile investment. Given these points above, we can understand that though Salesforce is an accessible platform and usable without developers, expertise matters. Especially when VentureBeat reports,
“Meanwhile, an overwhelming majority said Salesforce has become more important to their success since the onset of COVID-19.”
Seven value-adds of using a Salesforce development agency for a custom business platform
- Qualifications— These demonstrate the Salesforce endorsement of their skills. In detail, this is certifications in Salesforce Technical Architecture and Consulting. Straightaway this shows the knowledge and platform nous for quality development.
- Experience — Building upon practical development outputs gives developers real-world capabilities across all different projects. Due to delivering end-to-end solutions for clients they’re adaptive and able to conceptualize appropriate strategies quickly.
- Referred knowledge — After working with clients across all different industries, a development agency can apply everything they know in creative ways. Not only does this apply to like industries but also to devising disruptive, innovative solutions.
- Process — Undeniably an experienced Salesforce development agency will have a thorough, progressive, and proven process. As a result their development steps are well-refined and it helps with delivering projects affordably, efficiently, and on time.
- Maintenance — In like manner, this also keeps platforms running well so that businesses can focus on their bottom line. Unless there are serious problems, maintenance is a straightforward process that businesses can confidently rely on for software reliability.
- Scaling — Once businesses are set-up with their custom Salesforce solution, a development agency can always scale their platform. Whether it’s introducing new technology or bringing an elevated customer offering to customers, effortless scaling helps businesses grow.
- Training — Keeping employees up-to-speed and engaged requires quality training. Neither the employees nor customers need to suffer with a platform that stakeholders don’t understand. Prior to deployment, thorough staff training leads to customer service success.
How businesses should approach working with a Salesforce development agency
Seeing that there is so much value to working with a Salesforce development agency some businesses can fail to prepare. While software expertise is worth the investment, this will still be a business-to-business (B2B) relationship that benefits everyone. Moreover if businesses are seeking a solution that really resolves the full spectrum of problems then their preparation pays dividends. For instance, Smart Company advises that even a “game-changing” software tool requires business planning to see legitimate ROI. They say, “Tech integrations facilitate the transfer of information between software solutions and teams, adding an extra layer of automation, reducing friction, and equipping people to do their best work.”
After developers establish the business needs they will begin to plan how the platform can be functional and robust. In order to do this, businesses should hone in on the specific key sticking points affecting their operations and customers. All in all businesses should reflect on this ahead of meeting with a development agency so as to communicate effectively. In light of a consultation meeting, businesses and developers can then work together to undertake a productive development process.
With this in mind, here are pointers for how businesses can work with a Salesforce
development agency for affordable yet profitable outcomes
- Regular meetings — Setting up updates that are in line with development timelines is key. Not only does this clarify expectations but also it gives the business an implementation outcome they can use internally.
- Collaboration frameworks — Following on from regular meetings, establishing how collaboration will happen is relevant. Because development is a highly collaborative process, businesses need to identify their working preferences and implement with developers.
- Strategic implementation — Preparing for investment and overall implementation requires a review of business strategy. In order to do this businesses should make their strategy available to developers so this guides the software features.
- Scaling objectives — Just as the business should provide its strategy to build the initial platform, they should communicate their scaling outlook. Due to Salesforce being scalable it’s worthwhile to have a pipeline idea of if and when this might happen.
- Integrating existing tools — Salesforce needs to work with other business tools even more effectively than existing operations. Therefore integration is a core phase in the development process. Accordingly developers need to know about this as it may affect Salesforce modules and all tools should boost business operations.
- Establishing platform training — Plan for this well in advance of deployment to ensure that if there are any workflow issues they’re identified.
- Open communication channels between employees and developers — Ensuring employees feel they can communicate their needs through to the development agency is part of supporting all stakeholders. Even so, businesses need to structure their forum for this so communication is effective while validating employee concerns. As much as employee input is valuable, businesses should maintain positive communication at all times. Thus businesses should approach feedback to developers with a respectful yet productive outlook.
The key areas a Salesforce development agency can address in the platform design
Once businesses are thoroughly prepared for working with developers, they can get down to working on their custom solution. To that end we’ll now look at the leading areas a development agency can address in the Salesforce platform. With this intention, a development agency will be able to target key sticking points affecting the business they’re working with. Altogether, the development agency will use this to customize the platform UI, design the UX, and plan the CRM configuration. Accordingly a contributor for TechBullion explains that this kind of services are highly significant for businesses. “With development, you can extend Salesforce’s functionality beyond its out-of-the-box features, creating custom solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.”
Six key areas every Salesforce development agency can tailor in a customization
1. Customer service
This number one business area is endlessly improved using Salesforce. Due to a development agency’s expertise, they will engage with businesses to properly refine the platform. In this case they will be able to take the base platform features then build on customizations and prepare integrations. To conclude, this will be consistent with customer service practices of the business and will integrate all customer service operations.
Configuring the Salesforce platform for the business will ensure it’s completely optimized for all activities. In particular, this will bring in marketing activities like customer databases, email templates, and engagement data. On account of the robust Salesforce platform, marketing can then run more impactful campaigns that drive sales and customer experience.
A core selling point of Salesforce is how it operates as a slick, organic funnel for all business operations. As a result this funnels all sales-specific or sales-related data to collate opportunities, leads, and customer activity. Subsequently this helps teams work more effectively and make more connections. When there is more lead generation and closing sales, the business can deliver high quality service to build customer loyalty.
4. Technical infrastructure
The structural integrity of Salesforce as technical product is truly best in class. With attention to this, a development agency will collaborate with clients to get the most out of the platform. Correspondingly this will reference their business needs so as to opt for modules and integrations that improve the business. Rather than automate, developers will maintain and scale the technical infrastructure so the business can operate beyond their strategic objectives.
5. Internal silos and effective teams
Overcoming this business headache is a must in any industry. On the one hand this will benefit customers and on the other hand it can boost morale for better business. In either case, developers will be able to focus on a range of UI features that are:
- More engaging
- Encouraging collaboration
- Enhancing communication
Regardless of other challenges, a team who works more harmoniously, with easy connectivity, and streamlined tasks can resolve issues without stress.
6. Implementing high-level software
Deploying new software is always going to be a hurdle that could leave a lasting negative impression. During development a Salesforce development agency will also ideate implementation in detail with the business. Altogether this will incorporate staff training, integration, and preparing customers for any user-facing changes. Additionally this will ensure that implementation is straightforward and all technical personnel are working together to manage the process. Afterwards the business team can hit the ground running to swiftly reap rewards.
Integrating a customer service solution using a Salesforce development agency
Another aspect to working with a Salesforce development agency is customer service. Despite our discussion about customer service and customer experience throughout this article, there are specific areas requiring in-depth explanation. Obviously Salesforce is at its core a customer-centric because it’s a CRM. Notwithstanding this, the platform itself is a comprehensive solution and businesses can’t rely on their software to replace personal service. Subsequently, it’s a sound tactic to view Salesforce as both a business tool and a specialist customer service solution.
Customer service areas to integrate with a Salesforce development agency solution
- Understanding the customer base — A 360-degree customer analysis benefits every business. Only if a business dedicates to understanding their customer stakeholders can they truly offer solutions that are properly beneficial. While Salesforce is a sound investment, the UX/UI is especially important if it’s going to be a winning product.
- Common service problems — Clearly itemizing existing problems for the company/business, for the industry and in customer service will help developers engineer Salesforce. Though there are common problems, these should be those specifically identified as affecting that business’ customers.
- Clarifying the why of investing — Following on from the customer service problems, the business should also establish why resolving these problems helps strategic goals. While every customer is valuable, there’s a chance that the business direction will shift using Salesforce. Emphatically identifying problems and why they need solving is crucial to the development process.
- Checking alignment with the key value proposition — Alongside the why of investing is the why of the business. Furthermore, the business needs to review its key value proposition to its customers and how Salesforce will help deliver this.
- Preparing customers for use — Finally businesses should consider in advance how they intend to keep customers updated and ready for their Salesforce custom development. So customers can onboard quickly and even download the product — if it’s an app — businesses need to devise customer integration. In any event, applying customer base knowledge and existing service problems will be applicable to deployment and integration planning.
Case study examples of where a Salesforce development agency has made an impact with customers
For this final section, we’ll review some examples of leading businesses that use Salesforce. Though these custom solutions are used all over the world, these uses vary and a proven track record matters. Read on for three industry examples of Salesforce helping businesses make their mark and grow.
Three industry examples of Salesforce development agency work with businesses
The fintech start-up Revolut actually uses Salesforce to power its customer-centric administrative services. In summary these incorporate Sales, Marketing, and Business operations to name a few. Overall their objective partnering with Salesforce was to grow their ‘Revolut Business’ that services companies in all different financial areas.
In response to a sales downturn, Canon invested in the Salesforce CRM to analyze customer behavior. Consequently they were able to capture user activity while keeping their sales data separate. With this purpose in mind they monitor traffic and user interest separate to sales. Thus they can forecast sales and maintain their leadership in the digital camera market.
One of the world’s biggest tech startups uses Salesforce CRM for managing its directory. Prior to using Salesforce, the streaming giant had hurdles with organizing customer preferences and its own artist and catalogue data. At present, the combination of Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Sales Cloud help manage data tracking and analysis.
Presently almost 90 percent of the world’s leading businesses choose Salesforce for growth, strategy, and customer care. Whether it’s automotive like Toyota or finance like American Express, the diversity of uses is entirely synonymous with bespoke solutions. Without reservation, opting for specialists to build a Salesforce platform takes an excellent software tool and ensures a growth trajectory.
In conclusion, a Salesforce development agency can be the pivotal business choice when it comes to meaningful customer service and engagement. When knowledgable Salesforce developers strategically utilize Salesforce features tobuild custom platforms, high-impact solutions can happen. Both their knowledge to ideate and develop the platform plus their integration skills elevates Salesforce into a business solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does a business choose a Salesforce development agency?
Choosing a Salesforce development company is understandably an involved process. Overall taking the time to understand the services offered, their previous clients, and their level of experience is important. Once a business makes a shortlist of possible agencies, they should have a consultation meeting to explain their needs. Following this they can evaluate the agency offering to begin assessing if this suits their budget, time constraints, and needs.
What kind of services does a Salesforce development agency offer businesses?
An established Salesforce development agency will have a range of services especially if they are an official Salesforce Partner.
In summary, the main Salesforce service offerings at development agencies are:
– Integration Services
– Mobile Application Development
Is a Salesforce development agency a costly investment for businesses?
Salesforce is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud product so it has a monthly cost for all businesses. On the other hand, the development costs will be unique to the project and the business. Because some businesses need extensive integration along with their custom development, this can add costs, too. When a business completes a preliminary Salesforce consultation, the development agency can evaluate their needs and offer initial project estimates.
What development phases can a business expect when they work with a Salesforce development agency?
The Salesforce development phases are key to a high quality product. Moreover, an established development agency will have its own high-level development process that incorporates:
– Reviews and monitoring
With this intention, businesses can expect that these phases will deliver a robust, market-ready platform that exceeds their needs.
An IT company delivering the best in a constantly changing world. Our passion is to create feature-rich, engaging projects designed to your specifications in collaboration with our team of expert professionals who make the journey of developing your projects exciting and fulfilling. Get a 30 Min free consultation to convert your dream project into reality.