Sales Cloud Vs. Service Cloud: Know the differences
Salesforce is the most abundant and potential CRM provider in the world and is very popular in recent times. It is a known fact that more than 92% of small businesses are using at least one cloud computing solution. Salesforce chose to carry old SAP to the Cloud by building new programming and host it on the Cloud which they named as force.com. It is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform designed to support sales, marketing, and customer support in both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C) contexts. It brings all the customer information together in an integrated platform that incorporates marketing, lead generation, sales, customer service, and business analytics. AWS is its preferred public cloud infrastructure provider which has sophisticated and robust enterprise capabilities for supporting the needs of Salesforce’s growing global customer base. Today millions of organizations around the world rely on cloud services and Salesforce is the leader in cloud computing, offering applications for all aspects of your business.
While signing up for Salesforce, two-module options are given, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud. Let us dive into these cloud forces to know them in detail.
Salesforce Sales Cloud
For any business, the customer is the king. Salesforce sales cloud solutions are for those businesses who are more into sales, generating leads, etc. It is a fully customizable product that carries all the customer data together in a combined platform that includes Business Analytics, Sales, Marketing, Customer Services, and Lead Generation as well as gives access to a huge number of apps through the AppExchange. It is extremely difficult to see the whole picture by keeping customer information on Sticky Notes, in Excel Spreadsheets, and your Email-Marketing Framework. Every business has some unique needs, so being an entrepreneur you need a solution that can move with you—something you can modify as per your procedures, your clients, and your group. These are some issues for which Sales Cloud solutions address, and businesses opt for salesforce integration services to integrate these solutions to ease up their work.
Key Features of Sales Cloud
- It helps you get faster, real-time gain and more visibility into sales that helps close more deals.
- The easy accessibility of reports and dashboards gives a detailed picture of the business scenario. It gives reps, managers, and execs everything they need to connect with customers and focus on what's important —more selling and less administration.
- Data.com provides you the correct sales information. You can immediately update the pipeline, view critical business metrics giving you a complete look in your forecast.
- Visual Workflow allows you to quickly plan and automate any business procedure with intuitive effortlessness.
- Sales Cloud helps you build long time, loyal customers as it connects all of your teams to prospects through the customer journey.
- You can manage your leads, log calls, check reports, and do many other things that your business requires using the sales cloud.
Salesforce Service Cloud
Service Cloud refers to the customer service module in salesforce.com. Suitable for businesses that are into service offering, these solutions provide business owners with a wide-angle view of your customers and to deliver the services smarter, faster, and more personalized. It is an automated service process that allows you to support past, current, and future clients' requests for assistance with a product, service, billing, etc. which makes them happy. It focused on helping and providing services to the customer. The service cloud listens and responds to the customer or automatically routes cases to the appropriate agent.
Key Features of Service Cloud
- It offers customer services through social media without asking for any request to customers for visiting other websites.
- Customers can get real-time live assistance through online chatting services.
- Email auto-response rules that let you automatically send email responses to let your customers know that the company has received their inquiry.
- Customer interactions and resolutions are captured and organized into a knowledge base. This helps in faster issue resolution.
- Easy access to self-help capabilities helps in streamlining all customer service interactions.
Differences between Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
If you are new to the SalesForce universe, it can be confusing to decide which is best in between Sales Cloud and Service Cloud to choose for your organization. The general difference is that each cloud system was made to support a specific set of features that you use to sell your products or services.
Sales Cloud module helps you get more deals on regular optimization of the business and improve your market interaction. It will also help you make quick choices and business decisions.
On the other hand, Service Cloud module gets you a maximized productivity from the agent’s end due to the diverse availability to work from any place and at any time. Resulting, the customer experience is also enhanced with the implementation of the service cloud.
At times, Service Cloud overlaps heavily with Sales Cloud as with Service Cloud license you can access Leads, Campaigns, Opportunities, Products, Price Books, and Orders. On the other hand, Sales Cloud users cannot access the service features like Entitlements, Work Orders, Employee Work Orders, Service Contracts, and Omni Channel.
The main differences you will find are the limits between each edition. Sales Cloud is the “professional", "enterprise" edition while Service Cloud is the “unlimited” edition. Professional Edition provides basic functionality; you can create limited customized UI pages (Visualforce), and you can use standard automation (e.g. assignment, escalation, and auto-response rules) while Unlimited Edition is an extension of Enterprise Edition, and includes more storage space, premier support, more objects, increased API limits, and so on.
To ensure a strong position in the highly competitive marketplace, switching to Salesforce is a smart decision. Apart from increasing the productivity of the sales team, it will also have a significant impact on your whole business. Now, from the excerpt above you must have a clear idea about the differences between the two effective Salesforce modules, Sales Cloud, and Service Cloud. Each cloud is designed to support a specific set of features that you would use to sell services and products. Hence, it completely depends on you for which sector you are going to utilize it and opting for professional salesforce development services can really help you in making a call. Both are efficient in helping a small or large scale business to improve their management efforts to gain more customers and do better business. Also, for customers who have full-fledged sales and customer service departments, I would recommend opting for the combined package of Sales + Service.
Related Blog Posts
Our writing ninjas are offering their experience and knowledge to our users through their latest blogs with up-to-the-minute trends!
Get the latest updates, tips and special offers straight to your inbox.
- Affordable Care Act
- Android App Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- AWS Administration & Development
- AWS Cloud
- AWS development services
- Benefit Administrator
- Big Data
- chatbot development
- Cloud Computing
- Contract Staffing
- Crawling & Media Analytics
- CRM software development
- CRM Solutions
- dedicated software development team
- DevOps Services
- Digital Transformation
- Disaster Management
- Django Development
- E-Learning App Development
- EDI Service Provider
- eLearning software development
- Employee Benefits
- Enterprise Mobility
- Enterprise Software Development
- Enterprise Solutions
- Healthcare EDI
- Healthcare software development
- Human Resource
- Industry Expertise
- IoT solutions
- IT Consulting
- IT Solution
- IT Staffing
- LMS Development
- Logistics Management
- Microsoft Solutions
- Mlearning Solutions
- Mobile App Developer
- Mobile App Development
- News & Events
- On demand mobile app development
- Opensource Solutions
- parking management
- Power BI
- Product Engineering
- QA software testing services
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- React Native App Development
- Real Estate
- retail management software
- Ruby on Rails Development
- SaaS Development
- Salesforce Solutions
- Sentiment Analysis
- Sharepoint Development
- shipping logistics software
- Software Development
- Software Solutions
- Tech Buzz
- Temporary Staffing
- ui ux development
- Wearable App Development
- Web Development
- The Best Restaurant POS Software For Assured Success in 2021On Jul 30, 2021
- eLearning Outsourcing Development: Best Ways To Begin With!On Aug 02, 2021
- Business Pilot: How To Empower Mobile-Friendly eLearning Platform?On Jul 31, 2021
- eLearning Outsourcing: Factors to Consider Before Proceeding!On Jul 28, 2021
- How Invoicing Software Is Streamlining Organizational Workflow?On Jul 29, 2021
We are looking for passionate industry experts to contribute thought leadership blogsWrite for Us