Top 11 Questions to Ask Your Cloud Service Provider
Look around yourself, and you will find that everyone in the IT industry is talking about cloud computing. As a businessman, you must be familiar with the concept of cloud and what it does. With cloud computing, you get an alternative to the on-premise app or data centre to a secure system called cloud. It includes everything from installing hardware, virtualization, installing operating systems to setting up a network, configuring the firewall, and storing data. Cloud computing, software-as-a-service, and online data storage has become common these days in every industry. With every business moving on to the cloud, it has become imperative for you to follow the trend and gain a competitive edge.
Although deciding to adopt a cloud system is easy, some people still find it a complicated technology and concept. Before you start your transition process, it is important to comprehend all the aspects, features, and benefits of this technology. It will help you seek more advantages of cloud computing and zero in on a credible cloud computing service company.
So, we have compiled a list of most frequently asked questions about cloud computing services. It will not only ensure that you select the best provider for your business but also solve all your queries regarding it. Let’s get started:
Ques 1: What is cloud computing?
Cloud Computing is the latest way to deliver computing resources to run apps or websites. It is the process of using remote servers that are hosted via the internet to store, manage, access, and process data. With cloud computing, you use third-party infrastructure and hardware, hence reducing the cost that your business would usually invest. In simple terms, the cloud system refers to storing and managing business data or programs on the internet rather than any computer’s hard drive. Here, massive IT-related capabilities are offered as a service through internet technologies to external users. The word cloud is used as a metaphor for the internet. It is a self-service interface that allows customers to acquire resources anytime and get rid of it when they don’t need it.
Ques 2: What types of services are available via the cloud computing model?
Cloud computing service comes with a wide range of options that includes basic storage, networking, and processing along with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence as well as standard office applications. In brief, it covers every service that eliminates the need for you to be physically around computer hardware and delivers data security and storage through the cloud. If we break down cloud services into main categories, then there are 3 primary options - software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, and platform-as-a-service.
- SaaS - It is a well-known service where all apps and programs are cloud-based and managed by third-party.
- IaaS - As the name suggests, infrastructure or hardware is provided by a third-party that also manages them. It consists of a remotely accessible server and storage capacity.
- Paas - Along with infrastructure, the operating system layer is managed by a third-party. It is a computer and software program that allows developers to build and deploy web and applications on a hosted infrastructure.
Ques 3: Why is cloud computing beneficial for my business?
Many companies are switching to cloud to reap numerous benefits that this service offers. Considering that it is economical and secure with enormous capacity, it has become a popular choice with small, medium, and large enterprises. Yes, there are availability concerns but that doesn’t take away the advantages it provides, such as scalability, flexibility, cost-saving, and more. You can also evaluate if your business needs cloud service based on the following factors, including how important security is to your company and if your current solution meets your requirements. It also depends on the geographic distribution of the user base and if employees need remote access. Once you have decided to seek the service, you can witness benefits, such as:
- Powerful server capabilities
- Information technology sandboxing capabilities
- Strategic competitive edge
- Improved performance
- Increased data security
- Secured data backup and storage
- Platform and OS agnostic
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Better growth and scalability
- Enhanced productivity
Ques 4: How do cloud-based solutions secure my data?
The most important aspect of cloud-based solutions is the security and protection of data. Hence, it is also the most sought after question. This system comes with multiply layers of security to store data and keep it under strict check, hence it copies files to different physical servers. The cloud service providers or vendors keep these servers away from each other so that even if one is destroyed due to any reason, the others remain unaffected and safe. Unlike traditional computer security that primarily focused on restricting access to a specific machine, cloud solutions follow high standard security measures. It addressed issues like privacy infringement and identity management with three layers of security.
- Physical security - It secures the physical location of hosting servers
- Logical security - The firewalls keep data away from security breaches from Port Scanning
- Data backups and encryption.
Ques 5: How much would it cost for cloud computing service?
When you ask a cloud computing service provider about how much he would quote to offer service, you will hardly get an accurate answer. Similar to SaaS where vendors charge on the basis of pay-as-you-go, cloud service companies also follow the same rule. They will work through several factors while calculating the total cost, such as type of cloud (public or private), how much you want to store on the cloud (entire infrastructure or just data), the reason you want to migrate ( to save office space or disaster recovery). The service providers will also consider the amount to operate hardware or to get the new one based on your storage requirements. The time, labor, and maintenance cost that they will have to spend will also contribute to the overall budget. After taking all these points into consideration, the companies will reach the final amount. It can vary from $400 per month for one server to $15000 per month for the entire office backend infrastructure.
Ques 6: Will my applications run with the same level of performance if I go with a cloud vendor?
Before you opt for cloud computing for your business, make sure that you examine all the key points, and understand what it guarantees and what it doesn’t. Of course, the performance of your business app or website is the crucial factor to earn profits and retain in the industry. Hence, this question is no brainer. There is a common myth that with cloud service, the system gets slower. However, despite this misconception, the fact is that with the right execution and configuration, the app can be as fast and stable in the cloud as on-premise. A reliable and authentic company will assure you of a smooth transition on the cloud without hampering the speed and quality of the app.
Ques 7: How often do you provide data backups and how fast can you perform a restore when needed?
We need not emphasize the significance of data backup and restore as they both are key cloud computing functionalities. To avoid any loss of data, it is essential to perform backup regularly and in case it is deleted, corrupted, or falls prey to ransomware, restoring a recent backup is undoubtedly the best option. Also, the timing of backup is equally important as the older the backup, the more data business loses.
This is one of the most asked cloud computing questions and here is the answer. We provide backup service according to the purchase level and customer requirements. The clients can opt for daily backups, monthly, once a month, or any other plan along with options like compresses, encrypts, data transfer, etc., and we will schedule backups every 24 hours. Moreover, we prefer incremental backups after the initial complete process to reduce the total time consumed to transfer the files. Restoration is done on a file-to-file, volume, or complete restoration basis. Larger the amount of restored data, the more time network will take.
Ques 8: What are the security aspects provided with the cloud?
We understand that security is a major concern for your business. Whether you offer an application or service to users, you want to ensure that your data is protected and not accessible by any unauthorized person or party. As you remain bothered about cloud system security, here are different layers of data protection within the cloud environment that will assure data safety.
- Identity Management: It takes care of application, service, and hardware management components so as to ensure they are used by authorized users only.
- Access Control: It grants permission to users and enables them to control the access of others who are using cloud data for various purposes.
- Authorization and Authentication: It authorizes and authenticates certain people to access the data and change the app or information stored.
Ques 9: What steps do you follow while providing cloud computing service?
Cloud computing is a process to separate your data from IT infrastructure where your critical information is replicated in the cloud and saved on virtual servers. There are various privacy and security issues that affect risk management practices. The system also involves complying with legal policies and regulations. Migrating an app or website to the cloud is not a cakewalk. As a leading cloud provider, we follow a meticulous approach to migrate, implement, and support the cloud computing system. Here is a list of key steps that we follow while implementing cloud service:
- Define your project
- Determine your goals
- SWOT analysis
- Understand security policies
- Selecting the right cloud provider
- Choosing the cloud environment
- Determine the architecture
- Establishing a private cloud
- Plan the migration strategy
- Executing the plan
- Completing a post?implementation checklist
- Managing cloud services
- Monitoring & follow-up
Ques 10: How long does it take to migrate to the cloud?
Many ask us about the approximate time required for cloud migration and it is certainly one of the most important concerns before business take any decision. However, there is no definite answer to this as there are various variables and factors involved to calculate the total time. Although stating accurate time is difficult, here is a brief idea based on the size of a company and requirements.
- If you are moving a single server to the cloud without integrated service, then it can be done in a week and even in a day actually with our experts at your service.
- Some businesses intend to move more than a single asset on the cloud which is more complicated and involves emails, documents, and communication. The time expected in such scenarios is about 1-2 months minimum.
- Moving further to complex server setups and configuring networks to connect to the cloud. This task is done separately than the cloud migration system which also extends the timeline for the whole process. You can expect 4 months or even more to accomplish such a process successfully.
- Talking about a large data center where applications are needed to refactor for deep cloud integration. Here, you can enjoy all the benefits of optimization tools of the cloud but also need patience as this entire process will take at least a year or two.
Ques 11: What deployment options for cloud computing do you offer?
There are different deployment models, each suitable for specific business than others. While small businesses may find public cloud suitable, larger organizations may seek benefits from a private cloud.
- Public cloud infrastructure is accessible and open for use by the public. Businesses can either manage or operate it alone or in combination with others. The public cloud exists in the data center of the cloud provider.
- Private cloud is exclusively available to a single organization that can comprise multiple business units. The data can be managed and operated by the company, in a combination or by a third-party. The cloud may exist on-premise or in a remote data center.
- Community cloud is specifically used by a community consisting of users from businesses with common concerns. The management and operation can be handled by the company, a third party, or a combination.
- Hybrid cloud is the combination of two or more cloud infrastructures that have unique entities. As they are bounded by standards or proprietary tech, it enables data and app portability.
These questions will certainly help you understand the concept of cloud computing better and enable you to select the right service provider for your business. There are many other questions that you can ask your potential cloud service provider, and once you get satisfactory answers, move further with the migration process.
If you still have any other query, do not hesitate to ask us and we guarantee you to deliver the best solution and appropriate answer. Get in touch with us now and we won’t let you down.
Related Blog Posts
Our writing ninjas are offering their experience and knowledge to our users through their latest blogs with up-to-the-minute trends!
Get the latest updates, tips and special offers straight to your inbox.
- Affordable Care Act
- Android App Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- AWS Administration & Development
- AWS Cloud
- AWS development services
- Benefit Administrator
- Big Data
- chatbot development
- Cloud Computing
- Contract Staffing
- Crawling & Media Analytics
- CRM software development
- CRM Solutions
- dedicated software development team
- DevOps Services
- Digital Transformation
- Disaster Management
- Django Development
- E-Learning App Development
- EDI Service Provider
- eLearning software development
- Employee Benefits
- Enterprise Mobility
- Enterprise Software Development
- Enterprise Solutions
- Healthcare EDI
- Healthcare software development
- Human Resource
- Industry Expertise
- IoT solutions
- IT Consulting
- IT Solution
- IT Staffing
- LMS Development
- Logistics Management
- Microsoft Solutions
- Mlearning Solutions
- Mobile App Developer
- Mobile App Development
- News & Events
- On demand mobile app development
- Opensource Solutions
- parking management
- Power BI
- Product Engineering
- QA software testing services
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- React Native App Development
- Real Estate
- retail management software
- Ruby on Rails Development
- SaaS Development
- Salesforce Solutions
- Sentiment Analysis
- Sharepoint Development
- shipping logistics software
- Software Development
- Software Solutions
- Tech Buzz
- Temporary Staffing
- ui ux development
- Wearable App Development
- Web Development
- eLearning Outsourcing: Factors to Consider Before Proceeding!On Jul 29, 2021
- How Invoicing Software Is Streamlining Organizational Workflow?On Jul 29, 2021
- Outsourcing EDI 270/271: Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry and ResponseOn Jul 26, 2021
- LMS Features & Technology: What To Look For In A Learning Management SystemOn Jul 27, 2021
- Benefit From Rendering EDI Outsourcing Services for Healthcare Claim Status Request and ResponseOn Jul 19, 2021
We are looking for passionate industry experts to contribute thought leadership blogsWrite for Us