DOT NET Development- Providing language interoperability
Nowadays, using a framework for software development has become a common practice. If you have a framework installed in your system, you have a base to start the development process instead of building an application from scratch.
The software development framework assists a website and mobile app development company with the basic building blocks required to make an application. It is a pre-tested and guaranteed infrastructure readily available to the developers for any application development. It serves as a platform for developing software solutions and comes with generic functionality, that can be selectively modified through manual coding.
It consists of programming languages, architecture, and libraries to fasten the app development process. For instance, imagine, if you have to cook dinner for 30 people, you will need a number of ingredients and utensils from the oven, refrigerator, utensils to hundreds of other things. A framework is a kind of fully stocked kitchen that has all the things that you need for cooking. You just need to decide what you want to cook.
.NET Framework: Overview
The .NET Framework is an integral part of the Windows component that helps in building and running desktop applications and Web services. DOT NET is not a programming language but a framework that manages the execution environment to simplify the development, and deployment of the applications. It is a free, open-source, cross-platform that supports a wide range of computer programming languages.
So, now you’re well aware of the fact that .NET is a framework and using it for your business can make things easy at software developers' end.
Microsoft DOT NET framework offers various features including language interoperability, where varied programming languages can interact as a part of the same system. The .NET framework comprises a large library, a set of tools and services that supports different programming languages like VB.NET, C#, etc., to allow language interoperability. When compatible languages communicate and optimized for specific projects, it tends to deliver better business outcomes for sure.
Before we explore more about the .NET framework, let’s learn what the term ‘language Interoperability’ means. In the layman language, the word “Interoperability” refers to the ability of a device, system or application to work together. The term is popularly used in technical systems that facilitate the exchange of information. If any framework that offers ‘language Interoperability’ as a feature, it can improvise the development process and maximize code reuse.
Major Components of .NET Framework
There are two major components of the .NET framework which makes it function properly. They are common language runtime (CLR) and .NET Framework class library. CLR manages memory, code execution, and other system services while the .NET framework class library is a collection of reusable types where you can develop your applications. The .NET framework also includes other technologies like ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF).
Apart from this, the various sections in the MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) library contain documentation of all the versions currently available in .NET Framework. The documentation for each of the versions includes extensive class library reference, conceptual overviews, step by step procedures and code examples.
Scroll down to get a brief idea on some important versions of .NET framework:
- .NET Framework 3 version that was released with the Windows SDK for Windows Vista includes .NET Framework 2.0 and added technologies such as WPF, WCF, WF and Windows CardSpace.
- .NET Framework version 3.5 is an integral Windows component that supports the building and running of next-generation applications and web services. The key components of this version of .Net Framework are ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). The .NET Framework Version 3.5 provides a managed execution environment, simplified development cum deployment and integration with a wide variety of computer programming languages.
- .NET Framework 4 consists of features like application compatibility and deployment, managed extensibility framework, parallel computing, networking, windows communication foundation, and windows workflow foundation. Besides, it also has the optional features in the name of Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack, .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 4.0.1 and .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 4.0.2.
- .NET Framework 4.5 contains a number of new features and improvements like .NET for Metro-style applications, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF).
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 introduces a new productivity API and enables Code First development. It is a technology built to top ADO.NET Entity Framework 4 and it includes the .NET Framework 4.
Microsoft .NET remains the foremost choice for several Fortune 500 companies as it enables programmers, software developers, and analysts to leverage the most functional and scalable tools for application development. If you want to use the latest .NET technology for a banking solution, e-commerce solution or healthcare solution - A3logics can assist you. We will help you in selecting the appropriate development cycle and help you at every stage of project design and implementation to meet the required specification.
Related Blog Posts
Our writing ninjas are offering their experience and knowledge to our users through their latest blogs with up-to-the-minute trends!
Get the latest updates, tips and special offers straight to your inbox.
- Affordable Care Act
- Android App Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- AWS Administration & Development
- AWS Cloud
- AWS development services
- Benefit Administrator
- Big Data
- chatbot development
- Cloud Computing
- Contract Staffing
- Crawling & Media Analytics
- CRM software development
- CRM Solutions
- dedicated software development team
- DevOps Services
- Digital Transformation
- Disaster Management
- Django Development
- E-Learning App Development
- EDI Service Provider
- eLearning software development
- Employee Benefits
- Enterprise Mobility
- Enterprise Software Development
- Enterprise Solutions
- Enterprise Solutions
- Healthcare EDI
- Healthcare software development
- Human Resource
- Industry Expertise
- IoT solutions
- IT Consulting
- IT Solution
- IT Staffing
- LMS Development
- Logistics Management
- Magento Development
- mCommerce App Development
- Microsoft Solutions
- Mlearning Solutions
- Mobile App Developer
- Mobile App Development
- News & Events
- On demand mobile app development
- Opensource Solutions
- parking management
- Power BI
- Product Engineering
- QA software testing services
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- React Native App Development
- Real Estate
- retail management software
- Ruby on Rails Development
- SaaS Development
- Salesforce Solutions
- Sentiment Analysis
- Sharepoint Development
- shipping logistics software
- Shopify Development
- Software Development
- Software Solutions
- Tech Buzz
- Temporary Staffing
- ui ux development
- Wearable App Development
- Web Development
- Integration of EDI in B2B BusinessOn Jul 01, 2022
- Everything you need to know about Cloud based EDIOn Jun 28, 2022
- LMS Influence on Academics And Business StatisticsOn Jun 27, 2022
- How Small Businesses Can Make The Most Out of EDI Solutions?On Jun 24, 2022
- How to Develop A Learning Management System Like CourseraOn Jun 16, 2022
We are looking for passionate industry experts to contribute thought leadership blogsWrite for Us