Salesforce CRM Adoption - How to Maximize User Adoption Rate And ROI
Adoption has become a trendy topic in today’s technology sectors. The technology revolutions have drastically shifted customer expectations as they make their purchase decision with high hopes of maximized ROI. But, the story doesn’t turns out to be as expected always. There are many barriers to the successful implementation and adoption of CRM systems. These include adoption costs, sales team training, unfriendly design, and many more.
Thus, making a decision on adopting a new CRM platform is no doubt a bit frightening. Businesses look for the technology that can give solution to their problems making their lives easier. With a user base of astonishing 1.5 million, Salesforce CRM is making the heads turn and bringing in more businesses to adopt the platform.
But, still the same question persists: “How to Leverage the Technology in Best Possible Manner & Get Maximized ROI?”
“Successful achievement of these largely depends on User Adoption”
Common Challenges with CRM Adoption:
To have a successful user adoption, you need to first identify the common barriers to the adoption and address them appropriately. Here are the few common challenges that every organization comes across while adopting and implementing a new technology.
- Unclear End Goals : Undoubtedly, this is the most common challenge as majority of times the users are not aware of the clear goals or expectations from the system. Thus, to overcome this challenge, it is very important that the sales teams are clearly communicated what the system is expected to do and how they can use it.
- Unaware of the Benefits: Nothing can be as devastating as being unaware of Salesforce’s capabilities. Sales teams must have complete knowledge on what benefits the system adoption entails and how their administrative burdens and other time-taking activities such as report-making, sales forecasting, etc. can be taken care of by the new platform.
- Reluctance to Change: Bringing change to everyday practices is not an easy task and most of us are reluctant to accept the change. As the old adage says, change is the new constant, therefore taking up the challenge and getting used-to to the new platform is what is in the best interest of your business. Sales teams might not be ready to take on the new change, but as soon as they do it, they can reap unmatched benefits.
Key Attributes for Successful User Adoption:
Considering these challenges, you need to be very careful while introducing Salesforce to your Sales team. Here are the best practices for successful user adoption:
- Proper Training: Nobody can get well-acquainted with the system, unless they are well-trained on using it. Thus, it is a mandatory requisite to train the sales teams on Salesforce. They must be given proper hand-on training using real-time data and scenarios so that they can better understand and learn how to use it. The process of training must not be restricted to just the on-boarding process, but it must be continued even after it.
- Encourage Mobility: Sales professionals don’t always get the luxury of having a desk job! Yes, a sales team comprises of both-the field teams as well as executive teams. Thus, to make their lives easier, it is best to provide them with a CRM that comes with mobile accessibility. When the distributed teams will be able to access the CRM data and stay connected through their mobile devices, they will increasingly adopt the new tech. Moreover, productivity, coordination, data quality- all will be improved.
- Customization is the Key : One of the reasons why Salesforce is the most preferred platform, is its customization capabilities. The most common challenge that comes while implementing any new system is the complexity associated with it and that further makes users more reluctant in using it.
But, with the customization facility, you can make it as simplified as you can so that your sales team can easily use it. You can define the processes, tasks and data that is commonly accessed and input by the team. Some of the common features may include facility to log emails, phone calls or visits, update customer case details, process orders, etc. Therefore, you should prepare your requirements first and then customize the system as per your needs.
- Incentives-the Ultimate Motivator: The most powerful motivation drivers are the incentives. To increase the user adoption rates, you can introduce reward programs, bonuses or team competitions. If any team member wins any rewards, they can be encouraged to promote the adoption of new technology to other members as well so that they can also boost their results and bring more success to the business.
Bringing it All Together:
To successfully walk through the Salesforce CRM adoption, you need to follow a strategic path. But, this strategic path cannot be followed unless your sales team is with you as they are end-users of the new technology. Thus, in order to win, you must identify and address the common adoption challenges and then follow these practices to bring in improved adoption rates with maximized ROI.